воскресенье, 19 октября 2008 г.

abbotts bridal canton ohio




Sorry for not posting this week, it seems like there hasnapos;t been much new to update on, but I guess now I can...

I have a really challenging schedule Monday through Wednesday and then four day weekends, so its just a very disjointed-feeling schedule that I plan to change after my trip to Holland. Wednesday night I went to Gran Via (can be best compared to times square) to study and then walked over to Chueca (super hip gay fun place with lots of shopping) to buy little birthday gifts for Caitlin and Sonia. I asked this guy how much these scarfs cost (this one style of scarf is a HUGE trend here - black and white and sort of checkered) and he immediately caught my accent and we got to talking in English. His name is David, he was born in Philadelphia and raised in Portugal and living in Madrid to go to a school for animation/comic drawing. He invited me out with some of his friends, I met some interesting guys from Venezuela, and David was able to jump from Spanish to English whenever I needed a little help understanding something. Fun time. Iapos;ve really been on a roll this week with making new friends and I find it interesting that now that Iapos;m in the swing of things I have a much easier time making friends when I venture out on my own.

Friday was Caitlinapos;s birthday so she wanted to go to this club called Pacha that everyone here talks about. They have this word here, "pijo" which is like itapos;s own subculture - pijo people are said to talk in a weird way (like the Spanish version of a valley girl) and only want designer clothing and arenapos;t necessarily bright but think theyapos;re above everyone that isnapos;t as shallow as them. After going to Pacha, I completely understand what the word means. I HATED THIS PLACE There were girls that were checking themselves out in hand held mirrors and applying make up while sitting at the bar. Almost every single guy there was dressed like he was on his way to a golf tournament, sweater wrapped around the neck and everything. I never thought I disliked people like that so much until I was completely smothered in it. SOOO I got out of there as soon as possible with Neesha and met up with Nic and Russell who for some reason werenapos;t allowed in. They shoulda worn their sweaters in the right way, clearly.

Saturday was Cristinaapos;s (from Colmenar-Viejo) 18th birthday. Yep. Sheapos;s young. But the GW group had plans to celebrate Soniaapos;s birthday which had already passed but never been celebrated properly. The choice was between taking the metro, a train, and a bus outside of Madrid solo for Cristinaapos;s OR to stick with GW friends and go to the coolest club Iapos;ve ever been to in my life - Kapital. I didnapos;t want to turn down Cristinaapos;s offer but given the trek it seemed reasonable. Edu and Carlos started calling all of our phones (Cristinaapos;s friends) like "where are you guys?" Mind you, no one else in the group had ever even planned to go to Cristinaapos;s birthday. I felt bad because they all called us, even Cristina, when we were in Kapital to say they were in Madrid and did we want to meet up. Anyway this probably isnapos;t that interesting so long story short I think I may have hurt my sweet Spanish friendapos;s feelings.

Kapital is a 7 floor club that is unbelievable. The first floor has this cool steam that comes out and confetti that goes flying every 15 minutes or so. The music is great. There is a very Spanish floor with strobe lights, a terrace for relaxing, and a hip hop floor that is set up like a stadium sort of. I ended up making friends with some guys there that seem pretty cool. One of them is named Carlos and he somehow has learned English better than Iapos;ve learned Spanish just through taking classes. Heapos;s a total gentleman and just very nice and made me laugh. As we walked out of the club I realized that I had forgotten my coat inside. He offered to walk me back in but the bouncer wouldnapos;t allow it. I went back up to get my coat and ran into Nic and Neesha who Iapos;d lost for a minute and when we came outside it was pouring and Carlos was gone. Fortunately Iapos;d already exchanged numbers with Carlos so there is another friend - hooray. Neesha went home and Nic and I went to San Gines, the famous chocolate churros place. Itapos;s known for being jam packed at 6 am with people coming back from a night out. I will definitely have fond memories of those churros when I leave this country. I think the 6am churro tradition ought to become a global phenomenon - the world would just be happier
Today I have studied, studied, talked to Fredes (happy birthday) and my mom and am about to go study some more. I really want to change my schedule

P.S. Mom and Dad - I donapos;t go out like this every weekend I promise :) It was a biiirthday weekend, ya know?


abbotts bridal canton ohio, abbotts bridal canton, abbotts bridal, abbotts booby.



Комментариев нет: